Monday, May 10, 2010

How to win an election

I wanted to play open mic at Supermarket tonight, but I found out that they start sign-up at 5:00 p.m. and you can only sign up in person, so since I work every Sunday until 6:30, there's no way for me to ever get a timeslot before like, 1:30 at night or so. Boo. I'm more than a little disappointed.

I went anyway, and saw/heard some pretty cool stuff. And um... one pretty lame thing. An Asian boy and girl went up and like, I don't know, I think they hooked their iPod up to the speakers and basically sang karaoke? Whatever. The girl also did her own thing where she played her keytar and sang, which was ok.

This is common knowledge, but keytars get people really EXCITED. Like, if you're ever running for office, seriously, bust out a keytar during the debate or press conference or whatever. You will win. You don't even have to play it. Just wear it, and you will be the fucking mayor, no contest.

I feel like I've gotten mosquito bites in the past half hour. And I've been only in my bedroom. I really hope I'm wrong.

1 comment:

  1. this is very true. my !!!!!! actually went up about 257% at first mention of keytar

    ReplyDelete