Thursday, April 15, 2010

My teacher called Mao Zedong's wife a bitch

Besides exams, today I am finished with semester 1 of Broadcast Television.

My final project was a short documentary about my father and his experiences in China in the 60s. I didn't want to dub over his Cantonese, so it was a lot of subtitles, ha ha ha. It was screened this morning in class, and I was a little afraid that my dad would look ridiculous, because he can be kind of loud and obnoxious when he is speaking, but it was very well received. I saw at least one person stand up to applaud afterward. He was probably half-kidding, but it was still great to get that kind of reaction.
I realised later that I am a bit of a narcissist. I loved the applause and compliments, but had little to say about the other projects, except for the ones that were really funny, or had exceptionally pretty shots.

But I really, really like editing movies and stuff.

So, except for exams, I'm off of school until May 11.
I think I want to write and record songs, and maybe play some open mic (if I can get rid of this god damn cold!), and read, and watch movies, and get some shirts.

And get drunk with YOU!
Is that possible?

1 comment: